Jan 13, 2009

ReSolution status

Since its already (almost) a full two weeks into the new year .. i'd like to comment on the status of the resolutions i made .. the ones i broke or haven't nearly started are going to be in GREEN

Personal:
Worry less -
So far so good
Be less scared and more confident - So far so good
Make monthly goals - Does January count? i JUST made 50
Create a vision board - Not yet
Finish room - 80% done (Needed: chandelier, carpet & organization scheme)
Try to be less materialistic (keyword: TRY) - ummm .. So far so good .. I think .. until the Chanel bag i just ordered gets here
Save some money - very bad progress : ( ..
Keep smiling because if I show that you're happy, I might even trick yourself into believing it at the worst times - Doing great
Give 50% of my clothes to charity because really, overflowing closets doesn't mean I love what's in there - Beautifully cleaned out my closet .. but now i think i dont have enough clothes .. hence the "save some money" bad progress
Do one good deed a day - I think so .. : ) .. feel better about myself

Family:
Know that not everything is in my hands - Ok ..
Never stop wishing - know that wishing doesnt mean it will actually happen - Wishing has gotten to be a pain in the ass cuz i KNOWWWW it doesnt mean it will happen .. but then whats the point??
Visit my father's side of the family at least once a month - the month isnt over .. tick tock tick tock
Be much more patient - kinda
Help my mother more with her work - I spent an hour on Saturday doing her work : )
Help my brother with his school work - he hasn't asked me yet
Keep in touch with the London division of my family - very bad .. bad bad haif
Frame meaningful pictures and display them around the house - not yet
Try to go on family vacations - when???
Leave stubborness aside - Sureee ..

Work:
Focus on the deals I'm getting - just today people started replying to my emails but so far so good
Pass my CFA by studying and going to all my classes (and not be scared to ask questions) - need to start the classes on Monday
Take more notes - i will!
Show my manager how responsible I can be - when he gets back
Be confident enough to speak more at external meetings - So far so good! : D
Take a deal to the next level - Valuating a company as I type .. well not AS I type .. just in between strokes : p
Make it clear that I DO want to work abroad for a couple months - haven't done that just yetttt
Initiate discussion about masters programs - maybe towards the end of the year
Look for training courses - maybe after the Summit
Clarify something instead of assume they meant something else - so far so good!

Physical:
Join the gym - thats the first step -
when? now? no time yet!
Eat better - mn ilyoom!!
Hot oil treatment for my hair once a week - 2 weeks passed .. bad progress :(
Stop drinking fizzy drinks - oops .. ok ok .. fine mn ilyoom also
Have 1 cup of coffee a day - very well actually
Drink more green tea - blegh .. fine!
Weekly manicure/pedicure and treatment every other week - bad progress
Finish Roactane schedule (for the 3rd time cuz I get too lazy to finish) - too msta7ya to go back to my dermatologist to tell him i stopped again!
Floss - bad bad Haif
Use sunblock - i started using face cream .. so i guess that should count for something

Relationships:
Show people that I love how much I love them - yes! very good progress
Stop getting upset over silly things - its hard .. but i think im doing it
Stop being a "tease" - no .. i refuse .. can i delete this one ?
Continue giving advice - i need to write a book on advice
Dont trust everyone - MUCH needed area of my resolution .. but so far on track
Stop talking when you really have nothing to say - good job haif .. : )
Think before you do anything - thinking .. thought of .. done!
Stop doing something when you really don't want to - but its so hard to say no!
Appreciate the friends I have - check
Push the bad out - pushinggg over the ledge .. good progress

2 comments:

jooj said...

ila al amaaam ya H :*
me proud of youuuuuu.. TALK TO YOUR MANAGER ABOUT THE WORKING ABROAD :@

Maitha* said...

interesting lol
im with u on the one cup of coffee a day! That was one of my resolutions too:D managed to drink two cups a week!! < thats impressive for a coffee addict:p