Oct 17, 2008

Is it Really the Thought That Counts?


For those of you who don't know me .. I celebrate my birthday the entire month of October .. Itsblatantly rude of me to completely disregard any other occasion of this month .. but I don't care cuz I think that another full year of my existence is something for people to acknowledge or better yet appreciate the fact that I am in their lives .. Call me self conceited .. Call me 5agaga .. Call me Princess H .. I dont care .. its what i do and what i will keep doing ..


Since the blissful month of October is among us that means that it is my birth-month .. this brings me to discuss an issue i am sure we all face ..

gifts


There is a very small number of people who buy me gifts that i actually like .. why, might you ask? because i tell them what i want .. its just easier this way and i dont care if a gift is meant to be a surprise .. who made that rule up?? anywhooooos .. my point is why should i be forced to wear or admire a gift i dont like? because the person who bought it has no taste whatsoever? that my friends shouldnt be my problem ..


that is why i came up with my genius policy of "give me the gift and i'll open it when im alone" .. ana majamil .. if i dont like the gift .. it showssss .. my mouth says "Ohhhhh .. thank you!! I love it .. seriously! How did you know this is what I wanted? Tslmeen 7bibtiiii .. ta3abti roo7ch walla!!" BUT my face says .. "Ur joking right? This .. is .. HIDEOUS!!"

So yesterday i had to open a gift from a realllllly close friend of mine that is disabled when it comes to gift-giving .. it was jewelery .. that looked like it was made for a 12 year old girl .. i WISH i was a 12 year old girl .. but i'm not :( .. so don't buy me that! i had to open it in front of my friend and she was sooooo excited to see what i thought of it .. the minute i opened it i thought .. OH GOD NO!!! WHYYYYYYYY??? but proceeded to put it on and pretend to be shocked at how they nailed my taste down to the colour and style ..


moral of today's post: ask me what I want for my bday .. dont assume (because it will make an ASS out of U and ME) i'll like what you give me .. cuz 90% of the time .. i wont .. its cruel world baby .. get with the program

7 comments:

Journal Entries said...

oh it when i give someone a gift and they open it in front of me.. I don't wanna see their reaction!

doona said...

loooooool!!
happy birthday in this case =D

jooj said...

LOOOOOL a certain person comes to my mind.. I'm hoping im wrong!!

Anonymous said...

looooooool im so like you..i cant pretend to like something when i dont! =/ it shows if i dont like a gift..even with my voice u can hear im not happy!

how does the whole month of celebration work then? a partyy everydayyy...hehe fun! =P

H said...

desertpalms : hahahaha .. so just keep the gift opening for a more secluded atmosphere .. or u know what else is fun?? opening gifts with one of ur best friends so u can make fun of the stupid ideas .. like why would i need a coin purse? just cuz its a brandname doesnt mean it makes it better! hahah .. and my birthmonth means that all weekends are reserved for celebratory dinners/parties and i accept gifts o tahani all month long :p

jooj : hahah .. no actually this year person X gave an ok gift .. one i didnt mind using !!

dandoon : tslmeen darling! :D

a journal entry : ur right!! if the person doesnt bow down to me after they open the gift i dont feel they appreciated how much thought i put in it!! hahaha

Anonymous said...

I so hope she doesn't stumble upon your blog one day. :p

H said...

noonz : dont worry 7obi .. 'she' wont :p ..