Oct 20, 2008

Ortho-darLing


Let me start off by saying that I love my dentist!

And now let me rewind .. Issue #2: Needles, Dentists, Smell of Dentist's Office, Waiting Rooms, Hovering People

And now .. I will draw the link between
the opposing statements I just made:

Ever since I was a kid I've hatedddd brushing my teeth .. not many people know this about me for some reason .. I do it once .. in the morning .. and thats it .. I find it a waste of my time .. I'm not dirty or anything .. atkaysal .. i don't have a better excuse! so stop prying

i also love candy, chocolate, chips .. hence my last post (sidenote: my diet starts on Saturday! :D .. yay!) .. so generally these two factors go hand in hand for a healthy breeding ground for cavities ..

in Ramadan I was playing with my teeth and realized that
one of my tooth was either chipped or had a small hole in it .. and it was a cavity .. i called to make an appointment and they gave me a maw3d for over a month later

so i left work early today and headed for the dentist's off
ice .. i got there at exactly 2:00 and had to wait in their stupid waiting room ..

dgeegtain o my dentist pops out .. hes a canadian lebanese guy in his late 20s .. he's adorable! his office overlooks the Corniche and plays 70s music in the background (todays special waS: "and they called it puppy loveeee") he doesn't speak arabic very well so i fit right in

we chit-chatted for a bit and he asked me if this was a general check up .. so i told him im pretty sure i have a few cavities in there .. he checks and he's right .. then he starts laughing and asks if i'm "mentally rea
dy for it"

last time i went to the dentist my mum had told me it was just a check up and i wouldn't need a shot .. so i went .. not expecting any kind of pain .. i came all the way from uni (2 hr. drive) so i could go cuz i had a chipped filling .. and i sit down and he tells me he has to take out the filling and put a new one back in .. so i said ok .. he then takes out his equipment and in between them i see a shot .. without even knowing it .. i started crying .. no .. im lying .. it was BAWLING .. and he's like .. "Whats wrong?? Oh no .. is everything ok?" .. and me .. "MAMA TOLD ME THERES NO SHOT!!" .. mind u .. i was at the tender age of 21 ..



so anyways .. i told him i was ready .. bas i need banj gabl ilbanj .. and he LOVED IT!! it seemed as if he wanted to tattoo it to himself or something ..

so now the party began .. he put the strawberry tasting banj in my mouth and told me to tell me when it was numb .. i was quite for about 10 mins .. and he's like .. its not ready? and i was like .. not yet!!! .. another 5 mins .. and he's like .. well? and i was like .. ahh .. i think u missed it .. add more of the strawberry .. so he did and then pushed the shot in .. here is a list of the things i was thinking about:
  1. should i keep my eyes open? or closed? do i usually open my eyes? its weird though cuz i dont know what to look at .. i dont wanna be looking at him cuz thats just awkward! i dont wanna be looking at the nurse cuz itll look like im pleaing for help and she has nothing to do with it .. staring at the light hurts my eyes .. lemme close my eyes ..
  2. does this hurt me? i dont understand .. why isnt this hurting me? if its not hurting me .. why do i have my eyes closed this hard? why are my nails digging into my palms? why are my legs stiffly elevated?
  3. i need my lipbalm .. i would kill to have my lipbalm .. do they really not think that i need lipbalm at this moment? because my tongue is so dry that i cant even lick my lips which are about to rip of dry-dom .. hmm .. could they rip?
  4. the arm rests are so much more cushiony than i remember .. OH SHIT! THATS HIS LEG!!! .. i hope he didnt notice (>_<)
so i got my teeth done .. yay! :)

and i loveeee my ortho-darling


9 comments:

doona said...

i hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate dentiists!!

hate em hate em hate em!!

and my crying starts on the drive on my way to the clinic :(

Journal Entries said...

lol!
I always don't know what to do with my eyes too!

My dentist plays rihanna and fayrouz in the backround =D

H said...

dandooon : LoL .. i try to act cool on the way there! :p

a journal entry : its a very awkward position to be in huh? LoL .. and thats a very interesting mix ..

Unknown said...

ooohhh man u hit a nerve with me girl i hate dentist and i havent been in like bloody 4ever ...i really gota go and hay quick question was the dentist hot and if sooo........i think i need to get me a check up ;)

H said...

duboo : hahaha .. if u like them cutely nerdy .. he has such an innocent look about him! LoL .. like a 5 yr old boy who got spanked and doesnt know why .. hahaha .. and im done advertising for this guy .. i can never get appointments anymore!

Anonymous said...

Hahahah! Only you can make a trip to the dentist oh so hot!

I always stare at my dentist and manage to look up his nose when he's mauling my teeth..
I wish we could have personal flossers. You know, who come floss your teeth after every meal no matter where you are or what you are doing.

Bet we wouldn't have cavities then.

desertpalms said...

heheheh this post made me burst out laughing

woowww the things you think of..so similar hehe especially the WHERE DO ILOOK thing hehehe

cute!

jooj said...

LOOOOOOOOOOL i can't help but remember when you went to the hot dentist and you had a black spot 3ala lsanch mn your eyeliner brush :PPP

H said...

jooj : that is a memory i have erased .. -_- .. what hot dentist? what black spot? hahaha .. 7mara ya jooj